Also, congestion on the motorway and major road network in England costs an estimated £2 billion every year, with 25 per cent of this resulting from incidents. Smart motorways are a technology-driven approach to the use of our motorways.
One of the core aims of this course is to review and improve driving behaviour using defensive driving principles and compliance with motorway signs, signals, speed limits, red X markings and use of the hard shoulder.
Benefits of attending
- Increased driver awareness of UK Smart motorway systems and how they operate.
- Engage with drivers to increase compliance in the use of Smart motorways.
- Reduce the number of vehicle incidents and road delays.
- Promote safer driving behaviour.
- Improve road safety and driver knowledge.
- Reduce vehicle incidents and delays.
- Types of Smart motorway.
- Design features of Smart motorways.
- The technology and different signs and signals used on Smart motorways.
- Driving behaviour.
- Rating driving standards and evaluating road risk.
- Personal factors affecting driver behaviour.
- Road risks and how Smart motorways can improve safety
Through Highways England Smart Motorways course we aim to provide professional drivers with advice and information aimed at keeping themselves and those around them safe.
We are planning to deliver a number of these courses over the coming months, so to register your interest or make enquiries about in-house training requirements please contact us