This subject is delivered either as a 3.5 hour module or as a stand alone 7 hour course.
All subject matter is derived from the Department of Transport and EU guidance on the safe loading of goods vehicles and is consistent with current legislation. Topics include;
- Operator and Driver Responsibilities
- Principles of Load Safety
- The requirements of Load Restraint
- Prior to loading & the Load Restraint System
- Methods of Load Restraint
- Roadside Stops – the process and outcomes
The 7 hour course includes detailed information on specific load restraint systems and methods for a variety of load types together with a detailed section on the prevention of bridge strikes as set out by Network Rail.