This 3.5 hour module in based around the Department for Transport’s best practice guidance on LGV vehicle maintenance and the DVSA’s guidance on the categorisation and assessment of vehicle defects.
The aim of the course is for Drivers to understand the importance of Daily Checks and their role in maintaining a vehicles roadworthiness.
Topics covered include;
- Driver and Operator responsibilities
- Effective maintenance regimes
- Daily walkaround checks & reporting defects – the process
- The requirements for record keeping
- Police and DVSA roadside stops
- Outcomes – infringements and penalties